Signalling Workshop Agenda
From GO Wiki
Revision as of 07:02, 9 April 2019 by Pascale
- 1 Signaling Workshop Agenda
Signaling Workshop Agenda
- Ruth (UCL) will chair the morning session; Kimberly (WB) will chair the afternoon session
|9:00am - 9:15am||Opening Remarks - Ruth (UCl)||Val (PomBase)|
|9:20am - 9:45am||Summary of Approach to Analysis and Project Organization - David H. (MGI) and Kimberly (WB)||Val (PomBase)|
|9:50am - 10:50am||Canonical Wnt Signaling - Helen (FB) and Kimberly (WB)||Val (PomBase)|
|11:00am - 11:30am||BREAK||na|
|11:30am - 12:30pm||MAPK Signaling - David H. (MGI) and Sabrina (ZFIN)||Ruth (UCL)|
|12:30pm - 1:30pm||LUNCH||na|
|1:30pm - 2:30pm||GPCR Signaling - Pascale (SIB) and Petra (dictyBase)|
|2:30pm - 3:00pm||JAK/STAT Signaling - Giulia (FB) and Ruth (UCL)||Pascale (SIB)|
|3:00pm - 3:30pm||Ca2+ Signaling involved in Mammalian Fertilization - Penelope (UniProt)||Sabrina (ZFIN)|
|3:30pm - 4:00pm||BREAK||na|
|4:00pm - 5:00pm||Discussion|
General Outline for Presentations
- Since the different signaling topics are at various stages of analysis, not all groups will be expected to report on each aspect listed below.
- However, we'd like to have an overall similar structure to the presentations, so please follow this outline as much as you can.
- Also, the proposed changes to annotations and the ontology will likely go hand-in-hand, so feel free to combine these areas as needed to make the most effective presentation.
- Summary of analysis
- Proposed changes to annotations
- Proposed changes to ontology
- Outstanding issues
- GO-CAM model (please include model URL)
- Possible discussion topics for the end of the day
- Did this approach to topic-focused curation/analysis work?
- Did it improve the annotations?
- Did it improve the ontology?
- Do we have suitable GO-CAM models?
- How will the ontology design patterns and MF refactoring help with modeling signaling pathways?
- Overall - things that worked; things that didn’t work
- Suggestions for improvements to this process and analysis tools that might help make the process more efficient
- What are the plans going forward?
- Signaling Project folder on GO's Google Drive
- Signaling Projects page on GitHub's geneontology/go-annotation
Proposed topics for discussion (suggested prior to meeting; please see table above for actual topics and schedule)
|Proposer (and group)||Signaling pathway||Reference||What this pathway offers||link to uploaded figures and noctua model|
|Judy (MGI)||General information||[http://www.cellsignallingbiology.org/csb/002/002.pdf cell signaling pathways||useful overview of lots of different types of pathways|
|Ruth (UCL)||Gastrin signaling||PMID:26205660||Multiple intracellular signaling pathways converge to regulate transcription (see Fig 2) Fig2B nicely groups different 'parts' of the pathway. Also brings to discussion annotation of entities responsible for release of the ligand.||impossible to get this modelled in GO-CAM before October|
|Ruth (UCL)||Apoptosis||Apoptosis working group||this has already been worked on in GO and guidelines established, need to consider aligning to these||Apoptosis curation manual|