Software and Utilities
The purpose of the Software and Utilities group (SWUG) is to support both the GOC and the user community with technical, software, bioinformatics and computer-science related matters. In addition, this group will help drive the GOC through the research and provision of new computational technologies and methodologies relating to ontologies and ontology-based data analysis. This group is responsible for creating, clarifying and extending the common model that underpins all of GO. Ontology development tools are necessary for the Ontology Development group to perform its function. In addition, the Annotation Outreach group and wider community need means of exploring and utilizing GO and existing annotations. This group complements all the other groups.
- SWUG:Meeting_2007_09_19 - pre GOC meeting prep
- Visualisation meeting, 2007-08-16. No notes, demo only
- March 14 2007 -
Schedule to be decided
Send to mailing list:
To subscribe, email email@example.com with 'subscribe' in the body of the email
All software-and-utilities pages on the wiki should go in the wikispace SWUG (SoftWare Utilities Group)
- Intersections in the OBO-Edit datamodel
- OBO Parser - Getting Started
- Reasoner Overview
- OBO-Edit Datamodel Interfaces Diagram
GO database and go-perl
- go-dev Code Org : Thoughts on the organization of go-dev source.
- GoDB loading Proposal for refactoring go-full loads
- SWUG:Database - future database development
- gp2protein report This is a script run "peridically" to cross-check gp2protein files submitted by mods.
Main page: http://www.sequenceontology.org
Cross-products in SO
SO contains cross-product definitions of many composite terms. See SO Cross Products for the methodology.
Reference Genome Software Prototype
Sohel Merchant has created a prototype as support for the Reference Genome Annotation Project. Currently the project data is managed by means of a google spreadsheet that is difficult to use. The new database and interface will allow the administrator to enter new target genes and for the model organism curators to call their orthologs and to track curation progress of each gene. (For more on the Reference Genome Annotation Project: http://gocwiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Reference_Genome_Annotation_Project )
To access the prototype: http://rails-dev.bioinformatics.northwestern.edu:24000