TOR signaling cascade ; GO:0031929
Return to Signaling Main Page []
mTOR is a serine/threonine protein kinase that regulates cell growth, cell proliferation, cell motility, cell survival, protein synthesis, and transcription 
mTOR is the catalytic subunit of two molecular complexes: mTORC1 and mTORC2.
mTOR Complex 1 (mTORC1)
- regulatory-associated protein of mTOR (Raptor)
- mammalian lethal with SEC13 protein 8 (MLST8)
- PRAS40 and DEPTOR (recently identified)
mTOR Complex 2 (mTORC2)
- rapamycin-insensitive companion of mTOR (Rictor)
- mammalian stress-activated protein kinase interacting protein 1 (mSIN1)
ACTIVATION OF TOR
DOWNSTREAM TARGETS OF TOR
- mTORC2 phosphorylates the serine/threonine protein kinase Akt/PKB at a serine residue S473 to activate AKT (acts as the elusive PDK2)
What is included in TOR signaling cascade? Everything ABOVE AND BELOW TOR? Or does the cascade START with TOR activity?