The purpose of the User Advocacy group is to establish lines of communication between the scientific community and the GO Consortium. The goal is to ensure that the GOC does not become insular and remains receptive to the needs of the scientific community. In addition, open lines of communication will increase the awareness and usefulness of GO in the scientific community.
This purpose includes:
- ensuring that changes in the GO are publicized and communicated to the community
- acting as a broker between the community and the GOC so that the GOC does not become insular
- providing user support for the products produced by GO
- providing documentation for the products produced by GO.
This group will ensure that GO remains useful, relevant, and accessible to the scientific community. This figure outlines this group's aims and organisation.
- User Advocacy group summary
- User Advocacy group figure (GOC-2007)
- User Advocacy group aims 2006
- dried fruit
- newsletter - discontinued as of Oct 2008. See news feed.
- GO survey 2009/10
- Future Users Meetings
- Standards for GO tools
- RSC journals: marking up text
- Documentation needed
- Future outreach/advocacy at specific meetings