11 MAR 2014 PAINT Conference Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Present: Rama, Li, Moni, Suzi, Huaiyu, Karen
PAINT tool update for proper propagation of NOT annotations
- Suzi explained the logic of different scenarios of propagation (see her March 10, 2014 email and attachment). There are 5 different cases in her summary. Briefly
- If all annotations are positive, propagate the term and all parent (or general) terms.
- If all annotations are negative (NOT), propagate the NOT to the term, but disallow the NOT propagation to the more general terms.
- If there are positive and negative annotations to the terms at the same level, ignore the negative annotations, and propagate the annotation of the specific and general terms.
- If there are positive annotations to a specific term, and negative annotations to the more general terms, ignore the negative annotation, and propagate the annotation of the specific and general terms.
- If there are positive annotations to the general term, and NOT annotations to the specific term, propagate the positive annotation from the general term, and disallow the propagation of the specific term.
- Suzi pointed out that the NOT annotation can only be propagated to the same term that is annotated. It can not be propagated to their more general parent terms. Also when there are positive and negative annotations, the negative annotations are usually ignored, but the curator can manually block the propagation to a particular clade using the "stop" function.
- Li and Karen: If a general term is propagated to the root, and a specific term is stopped (NOT) at a particular clade, the general term should still be propagated to that clade. Suzi agreed and said it was the case in the updated tool.
- Huaiyu noticed that the page is not in the new GO wiki page.
- Rama said that it was OK for users to add the link to the page.
- Li asked about the meeting minutes from the Feb. 25 meeting. Huaiyu said that he would move the minutes to the PAINT working group page.
- Suzi mentioned that the PAINT update is on Sunday afternoon.