2018 NYU SAB Meeting Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
May 15, 2018
- Breakfast will be served at 8:30 AM
- What materials do we need to prepare in advance ?
- Update on priorities/progress
- Metrics of our accomplishments
- Need to send out materials to SAB by May 7th
- PIs need to review presentations for morning session
- Are there any specific questions we have for the SAB?
- Mention relationship with AGR,
What we'd like to show
Demo, show groups using it
- particularly usage of enrichment analysis and compare to DAVID stats - see 2017 progress report for ideas
- comparative enrichment output papers
- GO should provide more information about literature coverage in curation, so that users are better-informed about potential gaps and progress in annotation.
- Implementation and first achievements
Important points from the 2015 SAB report
Organization of the GOC
- GOC projects and resources
- QA group
- update functionality, pipeline
- show impact using one of Suzi's TCGA cancer pathways
- Ask David H to report MGI's experience with Noctua
Capella: paper viewer tool
Broader community initiatives
- Developer community: R packages for GO (technical outreach)
- Draft some best practices for the developer community (See also paper - reproduciblity with GO PMID:29572502)
- Best practices document for using GO, including GO enrichment (Paul)
- Suggestion to have a “Certified GO tool developer” program with badges (not implement but what do people think ? can we also do that for curators?
- Can GO partner with other enrichment tools beyond panther?
- Make GO data available via web services to help people keep their data up to date (ongoing)
- What is the future of https://github.com/cmungall/term-enrichment-protocol for standardizing among various enrichment tools? (not updated since 2014)
- Create an index of external tools that have been evaluated by key standard metrics and this could translate into a gold star rating system on the GO website -> No resources to do that
- How do the priorities of the Alliance GO working group align with the priorities of the GOC overall?
- What are the most important things for GO to do in the next six months?
- GO work that is driven by priorities of alliance (Chris):
- Get the GO API up and running (done by Nathan)
- Noctua being rolled out to Alliance members (Noctua is a shared Alliance tool)
- Visualization of Noctua models
- GO ribbon
- GO is not just 'tags on genes' anymore, but also pathways, so we need to coordinate this
Questions we'd like to ask
- Should we push out GO-CAMs into pathway databases like pathwaycommons, ndex, ...?
- Are there other communities that the SAB recommends/suggests we connect with ?
Somewhat random items from managers call that we might want to raise with the SAB
- Reactome import into Noctua