21 July 2015 PAINT Conference Call
PAINT conference call minutes, July 21th, 2015
Participants: Janos, Rama, Huaiyu, Paul T, Suzi
Agenda and Minutes
svn update for the new PANTHER release (Huaiyu)
When a new PANTHER library is released, a small fraction of PTNs my be removed or merged to a different family. Some of them have been paint-curated. Currently these PTNs are lost in GAF. There should be a process to update the changes in PAINT svn. When the PAINT opens a curated family from svn, it updates all the files to the new version of library, but this is not part of the update in paint.
- Huaiyu - A PTN that has directly paint annotations (IBD) can disappear from the family with the following scenarios.
- The PTN no longer exists in the new library.
- The PTN is moved/merged to a new family that is
- painted already (in svn), or
- not painted
The entire original family may or may not in the library anymore.
- Suzi -
- For scenario 1, the PTN is removed from the GAF file. Nothing else needs to be done.
- For scenario 2.1, the PTN is removed from the GAF file of the original family. It's annotations are not transferred to the GAF of the new family. (Huaiyu: The IBD annotations should be transferred to the new family).
- For scenario 2.2, the PTN is removed from the GAF file of the original family. Right now nothing is done. Probably to create a new GAF with lines of PTNs with IBD annotations.
- Huaiyu - Should the PTNs be removed from the original GAF. It would be nice that a systematic process be run to make all the updates when the new library is released.
- Suzi agreed, and said that it is part of the touch-up.
All agreed that this should be discussed further offline to work out a process to handle these changes.
PAINT curation progress (Huaiyu)
The google doc has been updated. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eVhVeNq9FEEo-mH9TAa6CaoerUtgVIVrOaA6yodBeOM/edit?usp=sharing
PAINT family presentation (by Janos)
- PTHR18866 File:Paint PTHR18866 janos.pptx