8 July 2014 PAINT Conference Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
July 8 2014 PAINT conference call minutes
Participants: Li, Suzi, Moni, Donghui, Pascale, Karen, Rama
Level of effort from each curator
- Huaiyu asked level of effort from each curator. The Jamboree started last week til the end of Sept. Based on the May 13's minutes, the estimated effort is 30 people week.
- Suzi: Paul sent out an email to all PIs about this. PIs are supposed to talk to each curator. Paul should have the numbers.
- Li: 20%. Others don't know yet.
- PAINT jamboree participants: Li, Karen, Donghui, Rama, Moni, Huaiyu, Pascale, Mark. Kimberly (?)
- Rama: How many families are we targeting to complete at the end of the Jamboree.
- Pascale: Difficult to estimate, depending on the size of the family.
- Donghui: It is faster to do a family if only the high level terms are propagated, but if one wants to look into all the specific terms, it takes much longer to finish a family. It is probably makes sense to see how many terms are propagated, rather than the number of families.
- Huaiyu: It is still important to go through all the terms during the curation, regardless whether they are high level of specific terms.
Families to curate
- Donghui asked how to select the family and whether we are still doing DNA repair.
- Huaiyu: Two ways to select a family to curate. One is to select a process or pathway that you are familiar with. If you don't care about what area you are going to curate, then use the google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHgcaXO7t9__9GuXgBibT0H-YlnU252IsRGWIyhCWN8/edit#gid=749195465.
- Huaiyu: If you use the google doc, try to select one with more than 100 genes in the family, and with more GO terms. It is helpful to put down your initial on the google doc once you decide to curate the family.
- Donghui: What is the mechanism to track the families that is being or have been curated?
- Huaiyu: Still the svn is the place to track. All other (such as google doc) is just to make people easier to find the family.