Acts upstream of or within
The acts upstream of or within annotation relation when the mechanism relating the gene product's activity to the Biological Process is not known. Annotations using this relation often come from mutant phenotypes for which further characterization has not been performed, but the authors wish to report the effect that the gene has on a process.
Examples of Usage
- A gene product that has some activity, where that activity may be a part of a pathway or upstream of the pathway.
- For now, this relation will be considered a grouping term.
- Curators should choose one of the positive or negative effect child terms.
- If examples arise where one of the child terms cannot be used, we will include them.
- Examplar: http://noctua.berkeleybop.org/editor/graph/gomodel:5a7e68a100000427
Last reviewed: March 9, 2018