Annotation Call October 28, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
GOC meeting report
- Meeting agenda and minutes are available on the wiki-
- FAQ on GO Website (get an account and write a FAQ)
- Please volunteer to review papers, this is the best way to catch misrepresentation of GO in papers
- We will work on getting stats on how much GO changes, why and what type of change
- With column pipe vs comma change to match col-16 usage (pipe = OR and comma = AND), proposal has passed
- Next steps involve writing Specs for changing the GAF (we will introduce comma in the GAF), retrofitting annotations, announcements etc
- ECO codes
- If you want add a new ECO term please request Chris for write access. Your new term will be committed but when Marcus reviews the term he will upgrade the term to be 'curator approved'
- Ontology related
- Term genie, SF term requests, how term requests will be prioritized
- Catabolism, biosynthesis terms
(https://sourceforge.net/p/geneontology/ontology-requests/11253/) (cytokine production, glycoprotein synthesis, degradation of a protein is not catabolism and making is not metabolism. Protein maturation is also not biosynthesis.
- Talked a little bit about readout vs process studied (Rubidium transport)
- protein dimerization etc terms
- vacuole vs lysosome (we will keep both terms in the ontology, they are different)
- IntACT complex annotations will be moved to a separate file (it is messing up term enrichment)
- Annotating to the process term vs regulation of process term. We came up with a qualifier 'implicated in' to capture this OR situation.
- Align relationships used in the ontology and col-16, better documentation.