Annotation Conf. Call, August 14, 2012
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rama, Dianna, Rachael, Prudence, Li, Midori, Doug, Becky, Chris, Antonia, Ruth, Kalpana (SGD developer)
1. GO Mine presentation (Rama)
- Tour of GOMine beta: http://gomine.stanford.edu:8080/gomine/templates.do
- GOmine is powered by InterMine developed by Gos Micklem.
- Stores data in denormalized precomputed tables (postgreSQL)
- It allows to search and retrieve GO data using a query interface. You don't need to know formal sqlplus language to query.
- Easy to make lists, results can be customized
- For the beta release, GO annotations from the GAF files have been loaded.
- Chris- Is it possible to traverse through the ECO and retrieve all Experimental annotations?
- Kalpana, Rama- We haven't loaded the ECO yet. All the data come from the GAF. But this should be possible as long as there is a way to map the codes.
- Chris- Can Col-16 data be loaded? Yes, it can be. The current GO loading parser has to be fixed to load col-16. It can be done.
- Kalpana will look into modifying the script.
- Doug- Can the modified script be made available to the ModMines also? Yes, Kalpana can change the script and check it in.
- Rama will contact curators at individual groups to test GOMine.
- YeastMine/SGD made several 2 min video tutorials to educate users (http://www.yeastgenome.org/help/video-tutorials/yeastmine). Since the basic concept of using templates/lists are the same between YeastMine and GOMine, curators can see these videos to get familiar with GOMine features.