Annotation Conf. Call, December 13, 2011
1. Actions from last call - any group interested in contributing towards the integal_to pilot project for protein complexes?
2. Brief description of upcoming apoptosis annotation targets
3. Feedback sought on the annotation QC checks circulated via email on 28-11-2011. What would be the most appropriate way to deal with these conflicting annotations.
- All IC annotations should include a GO id in column 8 (with)
- All IDA annotations should NOT include any id in column 8 (with)
- ND-evidenced Annotations to root nodes only
- Should all ND annotations refer to a GO_REF rather than PubMed Reference?
- Finally, there are some MOD interal references which are not indicated as equivalents to the GO_REF:0000015. Could the following be added to the GO Reference file as equivalents?
GO_REF:nd (GeneDB_Pfalciparum, GeneDB_Tbrucei, TIGR, WB)
- Full details, including SQL queries for GOOSE, here
5. Agreeing upon the contributes_to defintion and usage. Documentation on GOC webste- http://geneontology.org/GO.annotation.conventions.shtml#contributes_to
6. Linking annotation guidance to terms. Pilot project implemented currently in the QuickGO display:
- Feedback sought. Anyone find this useful? Desirable for UniProt-GOA to export this data to be developed into a GO Consortium resource for other GO browsers?