Annotation Conf. Call, March 25, 2014
SGD: Rama,Paul, Diane, Edith
MGI: David, Judy Li
UCL: Ruth, Paul, Ana
EBI: Rachael, Jane, Aleks, Susan, Paola
Berkeley: Chris, Suzi
TAIR: Tanya (not entire call)
E2/E3 SF ticket
We will talk about the changes being proposed.
SCF UbLigase RING finger type: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0079610799000103?via=ihub
GOC meeting report
- miRNA update (Ruth): http://gocwiki.geneontology.org/index.php/2014_College_Station_GOC_Meeting_Agenda
- Orion: new tool to build LEGO models (URL: http://go-genkisugi.rhcloud.com/seed/model/gomodel:goa_human-5323da180000002)
- integrating CANTO (community annotation tool developed by Pombase) into the CAF framework to receive annotations from the community
- tool registry- we are not going to maintain a tool registry. We will provide relevant tools ourselves.
- is showing ECO terms that map to the GO 3-letter evidence starting this week (they have plans to allow ECO terms by the end of the year)
- are working on integrating RNA central and Complex IDs for curation with protein2GO
- GOC new website to be rolled out in April (date TBA). Everybody can get an account in the new Drupal system and make edits to pages (no more SVN co/ci etc)
- jsPAINT prototype -http://amigo2.berkeleybop.org/cgi-bin/amigo2/amigo/phylo_graph
- AmiGO2 has been live for more than a week now. Please check your linkouts.
Mike went through his powerpoint presentation (available on the SF ticket). There are three reactions, but only two terms available with GO:4842 being used for E2 and E3. Also GO:4842 has ATP hydrolysis as part of the definition while ATP is not required.
- move E2 and E3 under transferase activity (they are transfering UB and to be a ligase you need ATP hydrolysis)
- we need separate terms for E2 and E3 when the functions are distinct and one term when the activity is combined
- we don't have a term for the complex function of E2 and E3 (combined activity). We could create a new term for this complex function and use has_part to relate the E2 function
- Ruth: Can you create the new terms without obsoleting the old ones so we know how it works? We should let Interpro do the mapping and use that as a guide to remap manual annotations.
- David will mockup the proposed changes, send it around before he commits it.
- MikeL has a list of proteins that have this activity. He will send it to us and we can see what they are.
- regarding complex portal, please contact Sandra if you want access to their editor (curator interface) to add complexes.