Annotation Conf. Call 2017-09-12
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Update on Signaling Projects
- JAK/STAT - Giulia (Ruth away)
- Google spreadsheet with annotation and ontology analysis
- Thinking about how to define the beginning of the pathway and its components
- How is the pathway regulated?
- Review annotations - Annotation and Ontology Issues:
- Some members of the pathway have regulation terms and some regulators are annotated directly to the pathway
- Many cases with no MF terms
- Tickets: positive regulation of TF dimerization activity #14164, positive regulation of STAT transcription factor activity #14165, tyrosine dephosphorylation of STAT protein #14166, JAK/STAT pathway #14167
- Working on GO-CAM model
- MAPK - David, Sabrina
- Wnt - Helen (Kimberly away)
- Canonical Wnt Signaling folder with various analysis, docs
- receptor ligand activity #14120
- receptor agonist activity (GO:0048018) re-named 'receptor ligand activity' and new definition (http://amigo.geneontology.org/amigo/term/GO:0048018). Relationships to ‘signal transduction' & 'receptor activator activity' removed.
- Kimberly has checked usage of receptor agonist activity in curation corresponds to ligand as defined above and looking at documenting criteria for using this term.
- Review of 'receptor activator activity'
- Inconsistent use. Google spread sheet of ~20 experimental annotations - different activities/processes have been annotated with this term. Will ask curators to review.
- Review annotations of beta-catenin to DNA binding terms. Will ask curators to review.
- Tickets: for merging ‘frizzled-2 binding’ with ‘frizzled binding’ https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/14182, and moving 'smoothened binding' from under 'frizzled binding' https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/14182.
- Collecting publications for documentation to illustrate term use and assays https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S6pjVaSpqwDHB3Q-2JBf35BrgOD-Z9z3w8WjijWvjw8/edit
- Ca2+ (Penelope away)
Cambridge GO Meeting
- Signalling workshop
- Review Meeting Agenda
- GOC Meeting dinner
- The attendants should all have received an email with a link to a Google form to select their choice of food. Please complete the form by next Friday (22nd of September).
- On call:Helen, Giulia, Edith, Kevin, Petra, David H, Stan, Midori, Sage, Rob, Tanya, Judy, Karen, Stacia, Shur-Jen, Harold