Causally upstream of or within
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview and Scope of Use
- This relation should not be used for annotation, either in standard annotation extensions or in GO-CAMs.
- The 'causally upstream of of or within' relation is used to relate GO Biological Processes (BP) and/or GO Molecular Functions (MF) when:
- the mechanism that relates the upstream process (BP or MF) to the downstream process (BP or MF) is not known
- it is not known whether the activities of the gene products in the upstream process occur before or during the downstream process
Annotation Usage Guidelines
- If a curator wants to indicate that a process (MF or BP) is causally upstream of another process, they should always be able to choose a more specific sub-relation.
There are no examples because this relation should not be used directly in models. A more precise child should be used instead.
Ontology Usage Guidelines
This relation is not used in the ontology.
Cross Reference to the Relations Ontology (RO)
Last Reviewed: Feb 9, 2023, Pascale Gaudet