Editor Guide to has part
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Where the process exists it must include the function.
- The is_a children of the function are not necessarily ever part of the process. Transitivity does not operate over is_a in this way.
[i] = is_a
[p] = part_of
[i]car ---[i]Ford car ------[p]Ford wheel ---[p]wheel ------[i]Ford wheel ------[i]Toyota wheel
- Where the function exists it must be part of the process
- Where is_a children of the function exist they must also be part of the process.
[hp] = has_part
[i]wheel ---[hp]Ford car -------[i]car
- The has_part graph is upside down because transitivity across is_a always runs bottom right to top left, rather than small things being bottom left and big things being top right.
- In the case of the has_part graph transitivity says that a car always has a wheel but not that a wheel is always part of a car.