GO-CAM Conference Call - 2019-07-16
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See GO's Google calendar for Zoom URL
- email Kimberly if you need access to the GO's Google calendar
- One of the most frequently asked questions about GO-CAM modeling is: what relation(s) can/should I use in my model?
- To address this, and other aspects of GO-CAM modeling and Noctua development, a small group has been working on shoring up specifications for GO-CAM models.
- This will impact:
- Manual GO-CAM (and conventional) curation
- MOD imports
- Reactome imports
- Tool development
- Model validation, inference explanations, and other QC checks
- We'd like to discuss several aspects of this ongoing work today.
GO-CAM Specification Proposal
- Specifications are being articulated in both computational and human readable formats.
- This is still a work-in-progress.
- Human readable specification
- Computational (ShEx) specification
- Much of the specifications involves relations between individuals/nodes in a GO-CAM model and the cardinality of their use
- Since Molecular Functions/Activities are at the core of GO-CAM models, we've been looking at the Annotation Extensions relations used for conventional MF annotations to make sure they align with the specifications
- The current use of MF annotation extensions relations is in this Google spreadsheet that we will review on today's call
- As we work through the specifications, we are reviewing and updating wiki documentation on use of Annotation Relations
- On call: Bob, Chris, Colin, David, Dmitry, Dustin, Edith, Elena, Giulia, Harold, Helen, Karen, Kevin, Kimberly, Laurent-Philippe, Li, Midori, Pascale, Petra, Ruth, Sabrina, Suzi