Overview and Scope of Use
Used to identifiy a temporal phase during which a molecular function or biological process occurs.
- Temporal phases can be either a child of GO:0044848 (biological phase) or UBERON:0000105 (life cycle stage).
- This extension is no longer used to add a biological process to the annotation extension field when the role of the gene product in the process is unclear, but its activity appears to coincide with another process. If the function or process is known to definitely be part of a process, use the 'part of' extension relation.
- To link a physical entity (cellular component) to a process by duration, use the relationship exists_during. Note, however, that exists_during is not currently in the Relations Ontology and its usage may be addressed in future work.
Annotation Extension Usage Examples
1. A process occurring during a cell cycle phase
Statement from paper:
We here show that the mitotic master phosphatase Cdc14 targets Yen1 to the nucleus in early anaphase through the FEAR network. In Figure 2, Yen1 re-localizes back to the nucleus in early anaphase in a Cdc14-dependent manner.
|Gene Name (col 2)||GO ID (col 5)||Reference (col 6)||Evidence (col 7)||Annotation Extension (col 16)|
|Q00684 cdc14||GO:0034504 protein localization to nucleus||PMID:24626187||happens_during(GO:0000090 mitotic anaphase)|
Using examples to demonstrate Folding_and_Unfolding using the relationship happens_during
1. A process occurring during a cell cycle phase Cdc14 targets Yen1 to the nucleus in early anaphase, PMID:24626187
|Folded/unfolded||DB (Col 2)||Object (Col 3)||GO ID (Col 5)||Reference (Col 6)||Extension (Col 16)||Parent terms for new folded GO term|
|Unfolded||Q00684||cdc14||GO:0034504 protein localization to nucleus||PMID:24626187||happens_during(GO:0000090 mitotic anaphase)|
|Folded||Q00684||cdc14||New potential GO term protein localisation to nucleus during mitotic anaphase||PMID:24626187||is a GO:0034504 protein localization to nucleus AND part_of?? GO:0048471 mitotic anaphase|
OWL class expression: GO:0034504 protein localization to nucleus AND happens_during SOME GO:0000090 mitotic anaphase