involved in is a relation used between a gene product and a GO Biological Process term when the gene product's Molecular Function plays an integral role in that process.
c involved_in p if and only if c enables some process p', and p' is part of p
Examples of Usage
- Damage-induced ubiquitylation of human RNA polymerase II by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4, but not Cockayne syndrome proteins or BRCA1.
- Nedd4 is an E3 ubiquitin ligase that associates with and ubiquitylates the large subunit of RNA Polymerase II in response to UV-induced DNA damage in human cells. Transcriptional arrest at DNA lesions induced by UV-irridation triggers Nedd4 recruitment and ubiquitylation, and subsequent degradation, of the RNA polymerase II large subunit.
- Nedd4 is thus involved in ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process (GO:0006511) that is, in turn, part of a cellular response to DNA damage stimulus (GO:0006974).
- GO-CAM: http://noctua.berkeleybop.org/editor/graph/gomodel:5323da1800000002
- Gene X involved_in signaling pathway P
- Gene X involved_in regulation of some developmental process (controlled by P)
Quality Control Checks
Last reviewed: April 13, 2018