Manager 21Apr10

From GO Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Participants: Kara, Jane, Rama, Chris, Suzi, Mike, Pascale

Agenda: Rama

Minutes: Jane

Phone passCode: 801-561

Action items from previous calls

  • GO_ext file - Jane will re-organize the downloads page to highlight this file. She will bring this up with Chris/Seth to highlight it within AmiGO.
    • Still to-do.

New items

  • I've been in touch with a group at University of Lisbon (Francisco M Couto) who are developing an existing tool for ontology alignment called AgreementMaker to take ontologies on OBO format, with the hope we can use it to rapidly map GO to the many bacterial/pathogen terminologies (IMG etc.) out there (and hopefully bring in some of the NIAID organisms). Maybe we can look into getting funding for someone to work on this for a year or two as a collaboration? [Jane]
    • Chris and Suzi would like to be involved in this - Chris feels the pathway structure can be exploited for mappings. ACTION: Jane will circulate a list of requirements for a mapping tool, and some example vocabularies that she would like to see mapped to GO.
  • Karen is attending a transcription meeting in Spain in June. How are we going to coordinate getting the transcription revisions into GO?
    • Mike happy with David's proposal.
  • Applications closed for GO curator job. We have a shortlist of 4/5.
    • Chris will send comments on CVs. Need to prepare questions for interviews. Chris & David will teleconference in to interviews.
  • Survey questions.
    • Should be done close to renewal? No - aim for sooner.
    • Wiki page here
  • Annotation guidelines for PAINT will be coming.