Manager Call 2016-09-07
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Link to Google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K0oG6rDWS_OxNnecdcXRh-ChECAwco48RPXtlJfNwQo
Review Trello board
Present: Chris, David H., Judy, Kimberly, Melanie, Moni, Pascale, Suzi, Chris
- Seth working on development when he can; resources an issue for more concentrated effort here
- Generally seems the EBI training session went well
- Newer annotators embrace the tool and annotation paradigm more readily than curators who've been annotating GO for a long time
- Create an FAQ to accompany the QuickStart guide?
- Converging on a consistent set of interface upgrades - this should help prioritize the development work
- Need to work out the different workflows that curators could use, e.g. a form interface vs the graphical interface
- Templates were also a common request
Other Hinxton Meetings
- Chris, David OS, and Tony talked about consistent inferences between Protein2GO and GOC
- Discuss on a future annotation call
- Chris, David OS talked about insect anatomy and UBERON
- Still down as the EBI sorts out the issues with the shutdown
AGR and Plans for Next GO Grant Cycle
- Ontology development will take a hit in February when EBI office is no longer with us
- We need to discuss how this will be handled and make plans
- Do we need another GO funded person? Any interest from anyone else in the GOC?
- Noctua will make ontology requests easier, but there's still more work than for just one person (David H.)
- We will also lose UniProt for GO helpdesk rota, as well
- Combine ontology, annotation, LEGO, PAINT groups/calls into one uber-call every Tuesday?
- Will need to be strict with the agenda to make sure we focus on most important consortium-wide issues and strategies to accomplish them
- Might still need to have a more development-centric LEGO call
- Will be re-instating the GAF/GPAD Wednesday call with Jim
Trello Board Review
- Did everyone update their Trello entries?
- Y: Pascale, Moni
- Others - please look and update
- Will probably need to refresh, especially when we have a better idea of what the new grant will be funding
- Current items are of varying degrees of importance and granularity
- Should start over with the Trello board (could do this now) and just make sure we don't lose anything currently there and still mission-critical
- Could we better employ github for some of this work tracking? Another system out there that would help?
- Can create labels and make links between github and Trello, e.g. showstopper
- AI: by next manager's call (2016-09-21) we will aim to review the Trello board items and priorities
- AI: please check Trello messages as there may be specific comments directed towards you
- Outline is in the GO drive on Google docs
- Paola has already added text to the outline
- David OS - could add a brief section on synapse project?
- AI: everyone should give a few hours time to the section that is relevant to them so we can start to put the paper together