Manager Call 2020-01-29
- Agenda: Kimberly
- Minutes: Huaiyu
- Present: Kimberly, David, Seth, Laurent-Philippe, Suzi, Judy, Pascale, Paul T., Huaiyu
- Pipeline hackathon at Caltech.
- Travel funds: what funds are available?
- Proposed dates in the Feb 24-28; David will need to use the 24th as a travel day.
- Sarah has booked rooms at the Pasadena Hilton for David, Kimberly, Lori, and Seth. Anyone else coming, please get travel dates ASAP; rooms were filling up.
Subcontracts should pay, if possible, otherwise USC will cover the cost. Kimberly will check with Sarah and Paul S. about possibly using Caltech GO funds.
Other February meetings
- Other meetings on the radar?
PI meeting; otherwise just the Caltech f2f
Does anyone know why the GO-Away calendar seems to have disappeared?
In short, no.
Status of Projects
Anything to report?
Getting ready for next steps in MOD import project - annotation history, file and dataflow, determining what steps are generalizable and what steps need to be configured for individual MODs
GO and the Alliance
Biological Function Working Group
- Current status
Gene Descriptions Working Group
- Draft manuscript sent to go-consortium
- Discuss presentation of use of evidence codes
- Future interactions? They have a meeting on Tuesday, February 4th at 8am PST to discuss the paper and use of GO.
Outreach: monthly seminars
Action from last week: Chris starting with Dexter and Peter Robinson to setup meetings
- We will do this when there is time.
Defer until Chris is back.
- Status (copied from last week): Draft is here.
" Registration fees: waiting for USC feedback
Laurent-Philippe is working on finalizing the costs to set registration fees and finishing the registration form. Paul T. will look into getting some help with EventBrite. Laurent-Philippe will send out a 'save the date' email jso everyone is aware of the May dates; formal email about registration will come later.
- Start adding subjects to discuss during the GOC meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DTBCxib8aRwyw5IWLbYRHtPLCnmcbjUNAV1gwj_2hlo/edit
- Participants will pay up front, and get reimbursed.
- Paul T: Will get more info from grant officer about carry forward fund, which can pay part of travel.
- Kimberley: There are some travel fund from Caltech that can support.
- Judy also mentioned fund from Jackson
- Kimberley will put the link to the agenda to this page.
- Pascale will create another one.
- It is concerning that the calendar being deleted. Different ideas were discussed. For now, we will stick with Google calendar.
- Kimberley: Noctua Form 2.0 is completed and in production. Will see curators' response and feedback. The next step is to put Noctua search in there. Seth pointed out that there may still be some outstanding bugs, so not to close it yet.
- Aggregation statistics for release: It is approved and Laurent will start to work on it.
- Curation history: The goal is to finalize the spec in California.
- Improve GO API: Right now, only ribbon is using it. GO-CAM is not.
- Pascale:Need a road map for this.
- Pascale: The next step is to check with PIs about resources, and who is doing what, etc.
Baltimore GO meeting
- Michelle proposed the date range between 9/29-10/10.
- ICBO is during the week of 9/16-19.
- Yon Kippur is on 9/28. May lose users for the user meeting, so that week may not work.
- Tentatively Oct. 5-9. Monday will be the user meeting. Friday will be the SAB. Judy may have a conflict. If can't be resolved, may ask Michelle whether the week of Oct 19 would work (Oct 12 is Columbus Day).
Paris GO meeting
- Monday of that wee will be user meeting
- Laurent will gather information for actual cost, and decide on the registration fee.
GO and Alliance
[someone please fill in this part?]