GO Managers, Weds. July 18 8 AM PDT / 10 AM CDT / 11 AM EDT / 4 PM BST
Agenda/chair: Midori Minutes: Chris
Review Action Items from previous meeting
- Jane: Take screenshots of RSC markup and RSS feeds and put on wiki for people to use in slides.
- Jen: Ask Pankaj whether anyone from Gramene is going to rice meeting.
They will think about it (prob no: grant renewal period)
- Annotation outreach group: Include EST annotation in flowchart.
Individual Manager reports
- Cardio mtg (David). Added 100 terms so far. 1200 edits. in scratch dir. Same file used my muscle people.
Remote editing via webex - slow?
Digression: the webex support person in California and Jen has had a hard time contacting them
- Midori has updated metacyc2go mapping
- Transporter edits are in
- Meeting: GO-CL xps, 26th July
- Jane: IMG finished. 250 new functions (about)
- a cunning idea for user education
Fiona has been writing grants for annotation, a reviewer thought that Affy did annotation!! We should put out a publication/editorial. Seperate from refgenomes paper.
Pascale mentions errors in GO paper: major flaws. We should address this
Midori suggests talking to microarray group at EBI
Eurie suggests web pages improved/reorganised
Midori: web pages and pub not mutually exclusive
Eurie: 10 yr annivesrary of GO - target paper for this
- GOOSE - http://www.berkeleybop.org/goose
- Support for multi-species interaction and annotation properties (xps) in database - see SWUG:Database
- replaced_by tags: todo
RefG/software group had a webex to demo Sohel's new curators interface
other mtg. ideas about what genes to target. 1 sugg to do diseases. not clear on what diseases to prioritise
- The set of 'core' GO slides: do people like this idea?
often slides (in Teaching Resources) are out of date. GO mgrs keep core set. everyone keen on idea.
Chris: to resend slideshare link (Done)
- Should the AWG have members outside of the GOC?
Mike & Michael have both said no, unless there are exceptional circumstances
- Eurie: open houses, demo. We need a targeted way to get people to participate.
We start talking about Second life and lose half the participants
Pascale: outreach vs wg
problem with time
revisit with PIs
EMBRACE "Using GO" workshop
EU network of excellence. Annotations in databases. Griddy stuff.
Midori + UniProt rep: Decided to go. Is George (PATO) going? Chris will check
DONE: George is not going
Waiting to hear about princeton. Newark is the airport to go to refG meeting is 1.5 days
Petra + Pascale. Eurie. John.
- Chris: ask John to demo at workshop
DONE: he is
- Chris: write abstract
- CL people - talk about cell
Staffing and Personnel
- Jane 17 Aug last day
- Sohel leaving. Replacement: September?
- MIT group has submitted paper
- Jane reviewed Yoshi Perle on UMLS sem network.
- NAR update due middle of Sept
Other Current Topics and Concerns
Next call Aug1