Participants: Pascale, Midori, Jen, Suzi, Judy, Mike, Jane
Action items from previous calls
- David, Tanya, Jane: Compose wiki documentation for ontology editors, with step-by-step instructions on making cross-products - DONE.
- Jen: Draft wiki page to summarize motivation for MF-BP links - in progress
- Jane: will send another email to clarify that not everyone has to start using ext GO file - we're only interested in inter-ontology links DONE.
- Midori: release first set of cross products, Jan 18 (regulation) DONE.
- Midori: add this to GO news on Monday. DONE.
- Midori: will create a new section in the Ontology development page for proposed content dev projects. DONE.
TCDB into GO
Asking for support letter [Jen]
- Jen and Milton Saier have drafted letters; Judy will bring to GO-top call, and then they'll send it.
Term changes and term provenance issues cont.
I've been making a list of the types of changes I've been making over the last couple of weeks, to see how we might want to track changes/history/rationale [Jane]
- needs Chris, so carry over to next meeting
Date for GAF2.0 switch
Could the managers agree on a date for switching the primary GAF format from GAF1.0 to GAF2.0? It was originally going to be January. How about 1st of May for the new date? This would give a 4 month alert for users to update parsers (Emily)
- Emily will compose and send an announcement, with May 1, 2010, as the date.
GOA to create Gene Product information file to supplement GOA GAFs
Would the managers be happy if GOA were to start creating a supplementary file for UniProt GAFs (primarily to store Swiss-Prot/TrEMBL DB subset information), this would fix AmiGO's issue with GOA's usage of column 1. The file would supply all information that the proposed gene product information file (suggested by Amelia) would have. However in addition to the DB subset information, GOA would also like to use this file to indicate when proteins were annotation targets of the Reference Genome project and where protein annotation is complete (Emily)
- Discussion of
- what would be in the file;
- how it would solve the AmiGO problem;
- whether GOA should submit jut SwissProt subset, separate files for the subsets,
- Going further requires discussion among Chris, Emily, Mike, perhaps others (e.g. Dan or Tony)
- Chris to get in touch with Emily, Mike, et al.
Reference genome goals for Jan-June 2010
- Enthusiastically received
- Pascale summarizes content, and also suggests tree annotation meeting before annotation camp
New management organization
Proposal circulated by Suzi:
- Ontology Development (David Hill, Jane Lomax)
- Reference Genome Project (Pascale Gaudet, Kara Dolinski)
- Annotation & Curation (Rama Balakrishnan, Emily Dimmer)
- Software Infrastructure (Chris Mungall)
- Jane: how will web presence, helpdesk, etc. fit in?
- These are among topics that can be raised among managers whether there's a dedicated manager or not.
- For now, Jane will continue to act in a manager-like capacity; review
- Unfortunately, we don't have anyone well placed to share software management with Chris, although Suzi and Mike will chip in
- GO-tops will contact prospective new managers confirm roles, start planning, etc.
GOC and SAB meetings
Managers should discuss what to present to SAB; what plans and goals are (long- and short-range, 5 years and ~6-8 months respectively); which of our funded objectives have been accomplished
Visualization as in Pascale's RefG plan is very helpful
Kidney development meeting
Went very well; experts got very involved; Yasmin has sent comments to Judy
- GO-tops: Send TCDB/GO support letter
- Emily: Send email announcing GAF2.0 on May 1
- Chris: Discuss UniProtKB etc. issue with Emily, Mike, et al.
- GO-tops: Contact prospective new managers
- All managers: Prepare materials for SAB as described above