News feed (Retired)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
We have one news WG member on duty at any one time (2 months on - see News_rota). That person should:
- Keep an eye on the news queue, see if there's anything there that needs looking over and publishing.
- After checking an article, fixing formatting etc the post should be published, making sure the 'Announce this post on Twitter' box is checked. After publishing, check the post has been propagated to the RSS feed, the GO front page and Twitter.
- Keep an eye out for any interesting news that you think should be posted (much of the stuff on gofriends for example) and add it.
- Commission an in-depth/review piece from someone - there are some ideas here: http://gocwiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Ideas_for_feature_articles_for_news_pages
Ideas for feature articles for news pages
- OBO-Edit 2.0 tutorial (Sept 2009)
- In focus article on cross-products
- Gene of the Quarter (or perhaps better as Gene Focus or something?)
Back to User Advocacy page