Noctua Form BP Extensions
This page describes how to add contextual information to a Biological Process annotation with the Noctua Form Editor using a C. elegans gene as an example.
Contextual information may be added to any standard BP GO annotation to provide additional details about the biological context in which the BP occurs.
Note: add video
- Contextual information may be added to a BP in the Create Activity or Create New BP Annotation interfaces
- If working in the Create Activity interface, follow the instructions through adding 'part of' BP contextual information
- If working in the Create New BP Annotation interface, follow the instructions for Process how to create a Biological Process annotation through the step to add contextual information.
Types of contextual information for BP annotations
- There is currently one type of contextual information that can be added to a BP annotation in the Noctua form:
- 'part of' a Biological Process
Adding 'part of' BP contextual information
- Click on the ‘more options’ icon on the far right of the BP annotation line
- Scroll down to the 'Add an extension' menu option
- Select the appropriate extension relation-value pair, e.g. Add 'part of' (Biological Process)
- A new line for the ‘part of’ BP, evidence code, and reference will appear
- Begin typing the BP term name and select the appropriate term from the autocomplete menu
- Add an ECO code
- Add a reference
Saving your annotation
- Once you have finished entering the contextual information for an MF annotation, the Save button at the bottom of the form will turn blue, and you can click on it to save your work.
- If the Save button is disabled, click on the red 'Why is the Save button disabled?' message at the bottom left of the form to see an error report that will guide you in how to fix your entry.
Previewing your annotation
- As you enter information into the form editor, you can click on the Preview button at the bottom of the form to see a representation of the annotation as it will be seen in the graph editor.
Clearing all fields
- If you would like to delete all of the information in the fields, click on the Clear button at the bottom of the form.
Suggestions for continuing
- Naming a model
- Making a model production
Additional helpful information
Back to Noctua Users Manual