Noctua Manual: Linking Activities in Form
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- GO-CAMs aim to provide a causal representation of biological pathways and processes. To accomplish this, curators can link Molecular Functions to one another using causal relations from the Relations Ontology.
- In the Form Editor, add one or more Molecular Function annotations according to Creating a Molecular Function Annotation
- As you create MF annotations, they will be added, alphabetically, to the annotation table on the right-hand side of the form.
- To link two activities, click on the 'Connect' icon to the right of the 'upstream' activity.
- From the remaining list of activities, select the 'downstream' activity by clicking on the 'Select' icon to the right of the activities.
- Step through the decision tree in the resulting causal relations editor as follows:
- Is the effect of the upstream activity on the downstream activity positive, negative, or unknown/neutral?
- Are the activities consecutive, i.e. does the upstream activity act directly on the downstream activity?
- Is there an intervening, 'activity-regulating' process between the upstream and downstream activities, and if so, what is it?
Back to Noctua Users Manual