Ontology meeting 2021-08-30
- Group members: Pascale, Karen, Harold, Raymond, Peter, Jim, Tanya, Kimberly, David, Chris, Paul
- Present: Pascale, Tanya, Harold, Raymond, Kimberly, Paul, Chris, Jim
No calls next 2 weeks - labor day + no GO calls week
Aims for GOC meeting - Oct 12-14
- finish roles??
- Boomer tickets; finish fixing ?
- Anne - obsoleted RHEA terms
- present some strategy for moving forward
- metrics: how many mappings do we have, how many are missing (GO-> RHEA // RHEA -> GO : aim to map all RHEA terms with annotations; even if that means mapping to a higher level RHEA mapping
- additional mappings from RHEA: Metacyc/KEGG ?
- transcription refactoring update
- updates in QC and procedures
Report on transcription workshop last week
Colin, Val, Pascale, Ruth, Helen https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dO04FTcWBkWBQaBYJLjmkTTDZvEJTSezXaK9c--RTFU/edit#heading=h.can1sflfx9fi
Make sure unintended inferences don't appear in go-gaf (and maybe go-lego)
Ontology editors documentation
- Review new term creation documentation: Guidelines_for_new_Molecular_Functions and Principles_for_creating_a_GO_term
- Review cross-reference documentation: Guidelines_for_'database_cross_references'_and_'definition_database_cross_references'
- Review protein binding term documentation http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Guidelines_for_new_Binding_terms
- Optional: Review Chris's slides on aligning editor/contributor docs across all of OBO: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YyWYSetDML3nhNgMUmcrsw80Xx1Uf1n1dWI-A20PMa8/edit#slide=id.p
- NAD/NADP: do we keep a grouping term even if all annotations can be classified to NAD or NADP-dependent? for eg GO:0003845 11-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase [NAD(P) activity] - all known enzymes have known specificity, see review ticket
- added 'do not annotate'
- DECISION (last call): This is what we will do
- Need to add to documentation
amphiregulin production ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/21878 Ontology editors call:
- We would like to describe the biological process - maybe the term label is convenient, but it's not a process in the GO sense
- It's OK to have 'gene expression' of x but we dont think it's a good idea to name these classes