Ontology meeting 2022-06-6
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Group members: Pascale, Karen, Harold, Raymond, Peter, Jim, Tanya, Kimberly, David, Chris, Paul
- Present: Pascale, Karen, Harold, Raymond, Peter, Kimberly, David,
- Regrets: Chris, Jim, Paul, Tanya
Editors discussion tickets
- Protein processing & specificity (Kimberly): https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/23378
Suggestion for term organization and changes in definitions from the group
- GO:0051604 protein maturation: Any process leading to the attainment of the full functional capacity of a protein. Modifications can include proteolysis or non-reversible covalent modifications.
- GO:0140448 signaling receptor ligand precursor processing
- GO:0072376 protein activation cascade: A protein maturation process (response to a stimulus) that consists of a sequential series of modifications to one or a set of proteins where the product of one reaction acts catalytically in the following reaction. (The magnitude of the response is typically amplified at each successive step in the cascade.) Modifications (typically) may include proteolysis or *non-reversible* covalent modification (, and may also include binding events.)
++ add complement activation ++ add part_of protein maturation?
- GO:0072376 protein activation cascade
- (GO:0140448) signaling receptor ligand activation cascade: A sequential series of modifications to a set of proteins where the product of one reaction acts catalytically in the following reaction.
- NTR ligand activation cascade
For a future call
- Antiporters & specificity (Pascale): https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/23374
- Antiporters reorganization: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/11-C28wy_quSlbzhyNX0QZaUaZytdCpJkp9XL7vXGutg/edit?usp=sharing
- User requests:
- proteinogenic amino acid biosynthesis and non-proteinogenic amino acid biosynthesis
- Bring back co-factor biosynthetic process https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/23267
- peptide alpha-N-acetyltransferase activity children cause true path violation (Harold) <<< resolved today.
- UDP-beta-L-arabinofuranose transport & transporter
- Pascale: subclasses calculated by Protégé not the same as those requested by user