Projects stand up meeting 2021-08-18

From GO Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


  • Present: David, Huaiyu, Kimberly, Pascale, Seth, Suzi, Paul, Chris
  • Regrets:
  • Managers: David, Huaiyu, Kimberly, Pascale, Seth, Suzi, Paul, Chris


  • GOC meeting dates: Oct 13-15 (Wed to Friday)
  • Need to make a decision on whether to have an in-person meeting - Michelle thinks U of Baltimore will allow people to come; restrictions are going up everywhere. Possibly a hybrid meeting? Domestically - everyone vaccinated will converge to Baltimore, and zoom everyone else in?
  • Decision= Virtual meeting

Discussion points

Taxon constraints

Update - will set up a meeting: Paul, Huaiyu, Jim, Pascale, Chris (who else?) to evaluate tasks and resources needed

Migrating Google Docs to a Google Workspace

Chris will give overview

  • right now everyone owns all the contents of the Drive, which makes everyone's GO quota high (maybe too high)
  • move is not straightforward: each owner of a doc needs to move it; cannot move in bulk
  • do we tie it to a specific institution? need to look into advantages/limitation - and not use up anyone's quota
  • For info: instruction to Google Drive by Julie McMurry


Discussed open website tickets -

  • Gene associations for Tribolium: Suzi/Kimberly

Still need to be resolved

Projects update

MOD imports

  • GPAD output
    • Jim addressed 2 out of the 3 tickets needed for the imports, David and Kimberly made a plan to address the 3rd
  • MGI -> waiting for GPAD
  • WormBase -> waiting for GPAD and round trip before asking Alex changed to the GPAD export he produces
  • XenBase
  • SGD (no tickets yet)
  • ZFIN -> DONE - still fixing some issues on the ZFIN side WRT import code relative to evidence codes

GOREL file

  • Kimberly and Pascale edited the GOREL file to allow P2GO curators to use exist_during (???) +++ so curators can fix their annotations


  • Release was waiting for ZFIN data; Seth re-triggered the release last Friday. Release failed earlier today
  • There is some issue with the WB ftp; not yet sure if that impacts the release (it would impact if we need to load the data again)


Next week: small transcription workshop on co-factors and ATP-dependent functions: Colin, Ruth, Val, Pascale, Helen