Projects stand up meeting 2021-12-08
- Present: Kimberly, Pascale, Seth, Suzi, Paul, David, Cynthia, Chris
- Managers: David, Huaiyu, Kimberly, Pascale, Seth, Suzi, Paul, Chris, Cynthia
2021 progress reports
Not needed now as this is the last year of the current grant cycle.
- We will, however, need to create an end-of-grant report due in May 2022.
No GO calls next week
This applies to managers and all other GO calls: Do people want to have a call on Dec 22 (Kimberly is off)? Or should we wait after the holidays? Pascale & David are off the week of January 3rd; should we start on the week of January 10th, and skip the no-GO calls week for January?
Priorities & objectives for next grant cycle
2h meeting, either Jan 19, 26 or Feb 2 - please fill Doodle: https://doodle.com/poll/hqc9dy3xit3anydp
- Create a Google doc for agenda items?
minerva tracker jamboree
- Tuesday, December 14th, ~2-5pm EDT
- Goal: to close any minerva tickets we can and then assess what's left and how to approach the work
Model copy status
Paul and Pascale will meet with Swiss-Prot next Tuesday, they asked what the status was with Model Copy, see https://github.com/geneontology/noctua/issues/606
- Some groups may submit annotations for multiple species even though they may not be considered the 'canonical' source for that species
- TAIR/Phoenix would like to submit annotations for Chlamydomonas reinhardtii and Zea mays in a GAF that they produce
- Is GO okay with this kind of data flow?
- An alternative would be to have GOA pick up the annotations and have them flow to GO via the UniProt all file
Loading Swiss-Prot entries into NEO
Where is this stalled? Do we just need a GPI from Alex? See https://github.com/geneontology/noctua/issues/471 and https://github.com/geneontology/neo/issues/24 Alex can generate a GPI for all Swiss-Prot, it would contain 500k entries. Are we able to load that? Do we need to assign resources to this/make this a project?
Suzi will give feedback
- Almost ready to be put on the wiki
Some project allocation/reprioritization?
Running into some issues with server migration that is affecting GO-CAM services.
Other proposals: https://github.com/geneontology/noctua/issues/744
- Need Dustin, Tremayne and Jim over the next week approx
Any blocking issues on ongoing projects?
- Taxon ID without label #388
- Patrick has made some production SARS-CoV-2 models but they are not browsable or searchable by 'organism'
- Update taxslim for go-lego? Other approaches? Who can do this?
PIs on projects
GOC meeting follow up
- Summary metrics workshop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15tBWdDNQuw9IdfDKk0pxpuDjfrnW3vT-xKnwO8_c1D0/edit#
- Call next Tuesday to decide which metrics we'd like to implement - everyone is welcome