Projects update meeting 2022-06-08
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Members: David, Huaiyu, Kimberly, Pascale, Seth, Suzi, Paul, Chris, Cynthia
- Present: David, Kimberly, Pascale, Seth, Paul, Chris, Huaiyu,
- Regrets: Suzi
Ongoing work updates
- No snapshot since May 24th
- the http://snapshot.geneontology.org/metadata/release-date.json file has 2022-05-24
- there was a problem with the ontology (reproductive structure development)
- currently the pombase file is creating problems - not really zipped
- Release status?
From the MOD imports call
- New SynGO models are on noctua-dev
- Who should check them to approve moving to production? Where do we want to track this?
- Ask Frank at SynGO to check
- Do we have some SOP? sanity checks?
- PO: Paul T
- TL: Dustin
- Dustin will generate stats on the json to ttl conversion
- Ask Frank at SynGO to check models on dev, proposed date to get feedback by: June 23rd
- Make a syngo-specific pipeline to give them a report
- We will put the models on prod no matter what in 2 weeks (whether or not we are able to do this work)
- Produce a MOU
Testing model copy
- Can Swiss-Prot curators start testing?
Machine learning methods for GO annotation prediction
- This is an EBI method using machine learning to predict GO terms (and other UniProt annotations)
- A description is here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-site/blob/master/metadata/gorefs/goref-0000117.md
- Is it relevant to have machine learning providing GO annotations?
- For MODs, this often just reproduces existing GO annotations. Maybe this is useful for other groups?
If we want to keep this resource:
- High level terms should be excluded (see annotation ticket #4115)
- The frequency of update should be defined in the description
- Ideally the method should be published
- Where are the docs?