7 April 2015 PAINT Conference Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
PAINT conference call minutes, April 7th, 2015 Participants:
- Timing for phasing out species specific GAFs (Karen) - This was raised by Karen at the last meeting, but deferred because Suzi was not at the call.
- - At the last PAINT meeting, during discussion of Rama's question about use of the "Ref Genome" versus "GO Central" sources, Suzi talked about the plan to change the flow of GO annotations from PAINT to MODs so that they will all go to UniProt, and then get picked up by MODs from there, instead of from species specific GAFs, if I understood correctly.
- - The MGI GO group discussed this at our weekly meeting, and we would like to know what is the time frame for eliminating the species specific GAFs? We need a minimum of 30 days notice in order to get software changes in place to be able to accomodate this change. Has a plan been announced to the Consortium as a whole?
- Family presentation (Donghui) PTHR15074:
(1) two duplicated nodes show functional divergence (biological process): DNA repair vs negative regulation of transcription
- - Euteleostomi_PTN000386639 participates in DNA repair (GO:0006281)
- - Euteleostomi_PTN000386639 participates in cellular response to DNA damage stimulus (GO:0006974)
- - Euteleostomi_PTN000424568 participates in negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter (GO:0000122)
- - Euteleostomi_PTN000424568 participates in negative regulation of transcription, DNA-templated (GO:0045892)
(2) how to handle annotations to both nucleus and cytosol