AmiGO Release schedule
Documentation of past and future AmiGO releases.
- Reset button to reset filters. This should go on all pages.
- Save filter settings (cookies)
- Annotation counts (several users have pointed this out). Can we get rid of counts if we can't provide the accurate #?
- Display assigned_by information (column #15 from the gene association file)
- Displaying IEAs will be explored. Interface needs to be modified to handle IEAs.
- A new window should not open when you click on a term. This will take care of not having the search box/link back to home on every term page.
- We would like a summary table of counts- IEAs and non-IEAs per species on the term details page so that users get an idea and they can click on what they want. This way -we don't retrieve all the annotations for display and slow the server down.
- Download option: We should write a specs document on what we want the Download button to do before it can be implemented.
- GOst batch query-
Shu has offered to take a look at the GMOD Blast interface. We decided to have a 100 sequence cut-off. On the results page, we will provide an option to view one sequence at a time or an option to download.
Offering more parameters for BLAST queries will be explored for future.
NOTE about IEAs- The database that includes IEAs (called GO FULL) is currently only updated once a month. It currently takes 7-8 days to create the GO FULL database so at best AmiGO could only be updated every 1.5 weeks. It is now updated every 2 or 3 days. So with the current database loading software displaying IEAs would mean updating AmiGO much less often.
This is suboptimal. But currently AmiGO cannot handle IEAs in a meaningful way. Should this be handled in two steps? 1) phase1-Prepare the interface, make changes to the application to deal with IEAs 2) phase2-Consider options to load the database more often.
- Interface makeover
- web-based map2slim
- a list
- of the new features added
- would be here