AmiGO Release schedule
Documentation of past and future AmiGO releases.
- Reset button to reset filters. This should go on all pages.
- Save filter settings (cookies)
- Annotation counts (several users have pointed this out). Can we get rid of counts if we can't provide the accurate #?
- Display assigned_by information (column #15 from the gene association file)
- Displaying IEAs will be explored. Interface needs to be modified to handle IEAs.
- A new window should not open when you click on a term. This will take care of not having the search box/link back to home on every term page.
- We would like a summary table of counts- IEAs and non-IEAs per species on the term details page so that users get an idea and they can click on what they want. This way -we don't retrieve all the annotations for display and slow the server down.
- Download option: We should write a specs document on what we want the Download button to do before it can be implemented.
- GOst batch query-
Shu has offered to take a look at the GMOD Blast interface. We decided to have a 100 sequence cut-off. On the results page, we will provide an option to view one sequence at a time or an option to download.
Offering more parameters for BLAST queries will be explored for future.
NOTE about IEAs- The database that includes IEAs (called GO FULL) is currently only updated once a month. It currently takes 7-8 days to create the GO FULL database so at best AmiGO could only be updated every 1.5 weeks. It is now updated every 2 or 3 days. So with the current database loading software displaying IEAs would mean updating AmiGO much less often.
This is suboptimal. But currently AmiGO cannot handle IEAs in a meaningful way. Should this be handled in two steps?
1) phase1-Prepare the interface, make changes to the application to deal with IEAs
2) phase2-Consider options to load the database more often.
- Interface makeover
- web-based map2slim
- New Ontology Filter added. This allows you to restrict your search to a particular ontology (Function, Process, Component). You can search for terms within an ontology or search to see annotations in one ontology for gene products (Gene Symbol/Name)
- While on the Term Details page-
2.1) you can now filter the gene_associations. You have three options in this pull-down: No associations, Direct associations and All associations
2.2) you have options to view Term Ancestors or Term siblings with capabity of expanding and collapsing a term node
- Term search result is sorted based on term name and Comments are displayed right under the definition (where applicable)
- Obsolete terms appear last in the term search results page
- Matching query strings in the Synonym field are highlighted.
- Data source is sorted alphabetically
- Help link (a hyperlinked question mark '?') has been added to the Data source and Evidence Code filtering options on the front page
- In the Advanced search page, in the 'Fields' pull down, the option 'External references' is now called 'Accession ID/DB_object_ID' to correspond with the column names of the gene_association files. Accession ID/DB_object_ID refers to DatabaseIDs. Examples are: S000000001 for SGD, SPAC9.03c for Pombe GeneDB, FBgn0015331for FlyBase.
- A new graph constructing API is now default
- AmiGO docucumentation is updated