Difference between revisions of "Annotation"
m (→Group Leaders)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= Group Leaders =
= Group Leaders =
and Kimberly Van Auken
Revision as of 16:38, 4 January 2022
Pascale Gaudet and Kimberly Van Auken
- Educate GOC curators about best annotation practice
- Enforce annotation rules/policies within GOC
- Maintain the annotation/evidence code documentation
- Train/assist new groups with annotations
- Educate and keep all the annotating groups up-to-date with changes in file formats
- Keep contributing groups up-to-date with ontology development and how it affects annotations
General Annotation Documentation
|General introduction to GO annotation - GO website||Current||2021-01-27|
|Elements of an annotation||Current||2019-04-11|
|Guide to GO Evidence Codes||Current||2018-02-23|
|Tips to Produce High Quality Annotations||Current||2019-04-11|
|Annotation Extensions - Summary||Current||2021-06-10|
|Annotation Extensions||Being reviewed|
|Annotation Extension: Capturing cell and tissue types||To be reviewed|
|Annotation Extension: Capturing participants||To be reviewed|
|Annotating from phenotypes||Current||2018-12-18|
|Apoptosis Curation Manual|
|Transcription factors annotation manual||Current||2021-06-09|
|Annotating ligand-receptor pathways||To be reviewed||> 5 years old|
|Annotating regulation||To be reviewed||> 5 years old|
|Annotating downstream processes||Draft|
|Guidelines for checkpoints||To be reviewed|
|Response to x annotation guidelines||To be reviewed|
|Multi-species processes||To be reviewed|
|Experiment-Specific Annotation Guidelines||Draft|
Noctua and GO-CAM
|Noctua Curation Guide||Current||2021-|
|Importing MOD annotations into Noctua||Draft||2021-|
Annotation quality control
|Annotation Quality Control||Draft||2019-04-11|
Guidelines for new Groups/new submissions
|General guidance to submit annotations to the GO consortium||Under review||> 5 years ago|
Annotation Conference Calls
- Calls are held on Tuesdays at 4:00pm GMT, 11:00am EST, 8:00am PST
- Calls are scheduled on the GO's Google calendar. Please request access to the calendar if you don't have it.
- Reminder emails are sent out to the go-consortium mailing list; sign up here.
How to Join
- Please consult the GO calendar for the meeting URL.
- to join via phone: enter Meeting ID found on the GO calendar after dialing in
- from US: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
- from UK: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 or +44 (0) 80 0031 5717
- from Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 or +41 800 002 622
Agenda and Minutes
- Please contact Kimberly if there are items you would like to add to the agenda
- Past Annotation Call Minutes: 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | LEGO Discussion Rota 2017 | 2018 | 2019
GO-CAM and Noctua Calls
Note that as of 2020, we are no longer distinguishing GO-Annotation and GO-CAM/Noctua calls.
We will meet regularly on Tuesdays at 8am PST to discuss annotation issues related to both standard and GO-CAM annotation.
Agenda and Minutes
GO Annotation on GitHub
- The Gene Ontology uses an issue tracker hosted on GitHub to record and track annotation issues.
- The go-annotation repo on GitHub may be accessed here.
- Contact information for each group that contributes to the consortium is available here
GO Annotation on Slack
- The GO consortium uses GO Slack as an informal chat service.
- Curators are free to ask questions or share ideas on Slack, with issues elevated to more formal tracking (i.e. github/go-annotation or wiki documentation), as appropriate.
GO Annotation on Google Drive
- The Gene Ontology uses Google drive to host notes and spreadsheets for annotation review and annotation working groups.
- The GO Annotation folder on Google Drive may be accessed here.
GO Consortium Mailing List
- Reminders about conference calls are sent to the go-consortium mailing list.
- To subscribe to the go-consortium mailing list, please click here.
Focused annotation projects
PAGES TO REVIEW
Intro to GO
- Beginning Annotation SOP
- Can we use the way this is presented ? GOA Training slides
- Guidelines for electronic annotation methods
- MGI IEA pipeline 2008: Electronic - Harold and Evelyn
- Clark et al., 2005
- Regulation 
- GO annotation activities by central GO Consortium members
To delete, archive, or retire