Jump to navigation Jump to search
David Hill (MGI) and Kimberly Van Auken (WB)
- Educate GOC curators about best annotation practice
- Enforce annotation rules/policies within GOC
- Maintain the annotation/evidence code documentation
- Train/assist new groups with annotations
- Educate and keep all the annotating groups up-to-date with changes in file formats
- Keep contributing groups up-to-date with ontology development and how it affects annotations
Annotation Documentation Table of Contents
Overview of GO annotations
Introduction to GO annotations on the GO website
Elements of an annotation
Tips to Produce High Quality Annotations
General guidance to submit annotations to the GO consortium
Annotation Quality Control
- Annotation Extension
- Annotation Extension: Capturing cell and tissue types
- Annotation Extension: Capturing participants
- Annotation Extension Relation Documentation Jamboree
Annotating from phenotypes
Topic-Specific Guidelines under review
Annotating downstream processes
Annotating ligand-receptor pathways
Response to x annotation guidelines
Apoptosis Curation Manual
Transcription Annotation Guide (updated May 2020)
Guidelines for checkpoints
Guide to GO Evidence Codes
Experiment-Specific Annotation Guidelines - in progress
Noctua and GO-CAM
Noctua Curation Guide
Importing MOD annotations into Noctua
Annotation Conference Calls
- Calls are held on Tuesdays at 4:00pm GMT, 11:00am EST, 8:00am PST
- Calls are scheduled on the GO's Google calendar. Please request access to the calendar if you don't have it.
- Reminder emails are sent out to the go-consortium mailing list; sign up here.
How to Join
- Please consult the GO calendar for the meeting URL.
- to join via phone: enter Meeting ID found on the GO calendar after dialing in
- from US: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
- from UK: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 or +44 (0) 80 0031 5717
- from Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 or +41 800 002 622
Agenda and Minutes
- Please contact David and Kimberly if there are items you would like to add to the agenda
- Past Annotation Call Minutes: 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | LEGO Discussion Rota 2017 | 2018
GO-CAM and Noctua Calls
Note that as of 2020, we are no longer distinguishing GO-Annotation and GO-CAM/Noctua calls.
We will meet regularly on Tuesdays at 8am PST to discuss annotation issues related to both standard and GO-CAM annotation.
Agenda and Minutes
GO Annotation on GitHub
- The Gene Ontology uses an issue tracker hosted on GitHub to record and track annotation issues.
- The go-annotation repo on GitHub may be accessed here.
- Contact information for each group that contributes to the consortium is available here
GO Annotation on gitter
- The GO annotation group uses gitter as an informal chat service.
- Curators are free to ask questions or share ideas on gitter, with issues elevated to more formal tracking (i.e. github/go-annotation or wiki documentation), as needed.
- Curators can login to gitter using their github accounts.
GO Annotation on Google Drive
- The Gene Ontology uses Google drive to host notes and spreadsheets for annotation review and annotation working groups.
- The GO Annotation folder on Google Drive may be accessed here.
GO Consortium Mailing List
- Reminders about conference calls are sent to the go-consortium mailing list.
- To subscribe to the go-consortium mailing list, please click here.
Focused annotation projects
- Kidney Development (2009/2010)
- Immunology (2006)
PAGES TO REVIEW
Intro to GO
- Beginning Annotation SOP
- Can we use the way this is presented ? GOA Training slides
- Guidelines for electronic annotation methods
- MGI IEA pipeline 2008: Electronic - Harold and Evelyn
- Clark et al., 2005
- Regulation 
- GO annotation activities by central GO Consortium members
To delete, archive, or retire