David Hill (MGI) and Kimberly Van Auken (WB)
- Educate GOC curators about best annotation practice
- Enforce annotation rules/policies within GOC
- Maintain the annotation/evidence code documentation
- Train/assist new groups with annotations
- Educate and keep all the annotating groups up-to-date with changes in file formats
- Keep contributing groups up-to-date with ontology development and how it affects annotations
Overview of GO annotations
- Annotation Extension
- Annotation Extension: Capturing cell and tissue types
- Annotation Extension: Capturing participants
Topic-Specific Guidelines under review
Experiment-Specific Annotation Guidelines - in progress
Noctua and GO-CAM
Annotation Conference Calls
- Calls are held on Tuesdays at 4:00pm GMT, 11:00am EST, 8:00am PST
- Calls are scheduled on the GO's Google calendar. Please request access to the calendar if you don't have it.
- Reminder emails are sent out to the go-consortium mailing list; sign up here.
How to Join
- Please consult the GO calendar for the meeting URL.
- to join via phone: enter Meeting ID found on the GO calendar after dialing in
- from US: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
- from UK: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 or +44 (0) 80 0031 5717
- from Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 or +41 800 002 622
Agenda and Minutes
- Please contact David and Kimberly if there are items you would like to add to the agenda
- Past Annotation Call Minutes: 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | LEGO Discussion Rota 2017 | 2018
GO-CAM and Noctua Calls
Note that as of 2020, we are no longer distinguishing GO-Annotation and GO-CAM/Noctua calls.
We will meet regularly on Tuesdays at 8am PST to discuss annotation issues related to both standard and GO-CAM annotation.
Agenda and Minutes
GO Annotation on GitHub
- The Gene Ontology uses an issue tracker hosted on GitHub to record and track annotation issues.
- The go-annotation repo on GitHub may be accessed here.
- Contact information for each group that contributes to the consortium is available here
GO Annotation on gitter
- The GO annotation group uses gitter as an informal chat service.
- Curators are free to ask questions or share ideas on gitter, with issues elevated to more formal tracking (i.e. github/go-annotation or wiki documentation), as needed.
- Curators can login to gitter using their github accounts.
GO Annotation on Google Drive
- The Gene Ontology uses Google drive to host notes and spreadsheets for annotation review and annotation working groups.
- The GO Annotation folder on Google Drive may be accessed here.
GO Consortium Mailing List
- Reminders about conference calls are sent to the go-consortium mailing list.
- To subscribe to the go-consortium mailing list, please click here.
Focused annotation projects
PAGES TO REVIEW
Intro to GO
- Beginning Annotation SOP
- Can we use the way this is presented ? GOA Training slides
- Guidelines for electronic annotation methods
- MGI IEA pipeline 2008: Electronic - Harold and Evelyn
- Clark et al., 2005
- Regulation 
- GO annotation activities by central GO Consortium members
To delete, archive, or retire