Internal email lists
GOC communicates internally via mailing lists.
Most of the lists should be joined by invite only. The two lists that are open to the general public are:
- GO-Consortium contains announcements about GOC meetings, scheduled calls, and notifications of that day’s activity in the Ontology and Annotation GitHub trackers. This should be of the most interest to active members of the Consortium and other curators that are interested in how the GO is actively progressing. Curation/developer groups contributing to the GO should ensure at least one member in their group monitors this list.
- GO-friends contains newsletters from curation groups, release announcements, and ontology modification announcements including obsoletions. This list is geared toward users that aren’t necessarily concerned with discussions about policies and practices, but want to be up to date with changes and developments within the GO. This list is intended for general users of the GO, not just Consortium members.
- Some important announcements, like major releases or retractions, will be sent out to both lists.
These are the links to subscribe to the different mailing lists:
- https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/go-consortium (This also gives you emails to go-friends)
- https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/go-discuss DEPRECATED
- https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/go-software DEPRECATED use https://groups.io/g/godev-internal
Go to the same links as above for the specific email list you wish to unsubscribe from. At the bottom of the page, enter your email address in the box next to
To unsubscribe from go-consortium, get a password reminder, or change your subscription options enter your subscription email address (see screenshot). If you do not receive an email with further instructions to unsubscribe, you may not have entered an email that was subscribed. Please contact us if you encounter any issues.