Difference between revisions of "Lung Development"

From GO Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
 
(11 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
We are provisionally planning to run a lung content meeting on the 5-6th December in Boston. David is making the initial edits based on a graph left by a summer student. Jennifer will edit by remote during the content meeting.  
[[Lung Meeting Action Items]] from the December meeting.


David will work on a separate graph until the cardio/muscle file is committed and then we will take a branch from the live file and combine the two to be stored in scratch for the remaining duration of the work.
[[Minutes from Lung Development Meeting, December 2007]]


To see further notes on this please see the google spreadsheet with the usual goconsortium login.
Reference genome targets for [[December 2009]] 


http://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=pt9OZIJ8pTRY6SChHYysNJg&hl=en_GB


Number range is GO:0012600 to GO:0014000
Mary Dolan has produced graphs for the lung development terms:
 
:JPG: ftp://ftp.informatics.jax.org/pub/curatorwork/GOGraphs/GO_0030324.jpg
 
:SVG: ftp://ftp.informatics.jax.org/pub/curatorwork/GOGraphs/GO_0030324.svg


The branch point from the live file is:


format-version: 1.2
'''Note that at present there is no dedicated funding to support the annotation of genes associated with lung development, although some annotation of these genes occurs as part of other annotation efforts.'''
date: 31:10:2007 17:21
saved-by: midori
auto-generated-by: OBO-Edit 1.101
subsetdef: goslim_candida "Candida GO slim"
subsetdef: goslim_generic "Generic GO slim"
subsetdef: goslim_goa "GOA and proteome slim"
subsetdef: goslim_pir "PIR GO slim"
subsetdef: goslim_plant "Plant GO slim"
subsetdef: goslim_yeast "Yeast GO slim"
subsetdef: gosubset_prok "Prokaryotic GO subset"
default-namespace: gene_ontology
remark: cvs version: $Revision: 5.533 $


The file for the lung effort is checked into go/scratch and is called 'lung.obo'.
[[Lung Meeting Action Items]] from the December meeting.


On 6th Nov the lung terms from the original graph were renumbered and merged into the branch file. The prefix is LG.
=== Update (2010-04-26) ===


Mary Dolan has produced graphs for the lung development terms:
Most of the 'anatomical terms' were not added because the experts at the meeting didn't ever think that we would need them. The ontology file that you see on the wiki was a file that we started based on a summer student project where the student basically made the anatomy-development cross products.  At the meeting and the lung experts wanted to start again from scratch. It was their opinion that lung biologists don't study the development of the lung in anatomical detail that is found in the mouse anatomical dictionary. As an interesting aside, this was the exact opposit of the opionion of the experts who came to the CNS meeting and wanted a detailed anatomical representation.


:JPG: ftp://ftp.informatics.jax.org/pub/curatorwork/GOGraphs/GO_0030324.jpg
The current state of GO reflects the input of the experts that were at the meeting, input form us as we have annotated lung papers and a lot of work that Tanya and David have done based on listening to talks at the SDB meeting.


:SVG: ftp://ftp.informatics.jax.org/pub/curatorwork/GOGraphs/GO_0030324.svg
[[Category:Ontology]]
[[Category:Lung Development]]

Latest revision as of 14:22, 19 January 2018

Lung Meeting Action Items from the December meeting.

Minutes from Lung Development Meeting, December 2007

Reference genome targets for December 2009 


Mary Dolan has produced graphs for the lung development terms:

JPG: ftp://ftp.informatics.jax.org/pub/curatorwork/GOGraphs/GO_0030324.jpg
SVG: ftp://ftp.informatics.jax.org/pub/curatorwork/GOGraphs/GO_0030324.svg


Note that at present there is no dedicated funding to support the annotation of genes associated with lung development, although some annotation of these genes occurs as part of other annotation efforts.

Lung Meeting Action Items from the December meeting.

Update (2010-04-26)

Most of the 'anatomical terms' were not added because the experts at the meeting didn't ever think that we would need them. The ontology file that you see on the wiki was a file that we started based on a summer student project where the student basically made the anatomy-development cross products. At the meeting and the lung experts wanted to start again from scratch. It was their opinion that lung biologists don't study the development of the lung in anatomical detail that is found in the mouse anatomical dictionary. As an interesting aside, this was the exact opposit of the opionion of the experts who came to the CNS meeting and wanted a detailed anatomical representation.

The current state of GO reflects the input of the experts that were at the meeting, input form us as we have annotated lung papers and a lot of work that Tanya and David have done based on listening to talks at the SDB meeting.