Jump to navigation Jump to search
Agenda: Jane, Judy, Suzi, David, Chris, Pascale
Phone passCode: 801-561
- All managers to provide detailed goals and timetable of the work they plan to accomplish (1) in the next 6 month (end of 2010) and (2) in 2011.
- (In July) The mailing lists for the GO camp will be deleted and further discussions will take place on the Annotation email list.
Action items from previous calls
- Managers should take responsibility for meeting action items relevant to their area and make sure they get done. Manager Name is listed against each action item. Managers will follow up on these action items and report back on each Manager's meeting (http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/2010_Stanford_Meeting_Minutes#Summary_of_Action_Items).
- GO_ext file - Jane will re-organize the downloads page to highlight this file. She will bring this up with Chris/Seth to highlight it within AmiGO.
- In progress
- Jane will circulate a list of requirements for a mapping tool, and some example vocabularies that she would like to see mapped to GO.
- DONE. In discussion with Chris
- Mailing lists - can we consolidate them, or provide a meta-list that everyone can subscribe to? [Chris]
- Chris sees the point of the 'protein complexes' list since they involve PRO and other external people
- Suzi: Likes Mike suggestion to use as a subject line that describes the topic
- Judy would like to create a single list called 'GO camp' or use the annotation list.
- Resolution: we'll keep those lists until the annotation camp; them move all discussions to the 'annotation' email list.
- Detailed goals and timetable for each group for between now and grant renewal. There are ~7 months remaining, and to remain on track we need monthly milestones for reaching the goals. [Suzi & Judy]
- Each manager should be prepared to discuss the objectives they want to reach before the renewal, such as papers, software features, ontology development areas, annotation QC.
- future of 'GO PUBs' collection on GO web site... [Judy]
- Midori used to do it. How to do this in the future?
- Suggestion to use a PubMed search - this is what Midori used to do, but that missed a lot of papers; lots of manual additions were needed.
- Need to identify a person to do this task now that Midori is gone.
- Judy suggests having a student working on this; Suzi supports this idea
- Suzi suggests using Connotea.
- Chris discusses Connotea - he marked many papers for GO.
- Resolution: Use connotea. A student in Judy's group will be able to help setting that up. After the first 'upload' it should be easy to maintain.
- Protein Complexes, resource allocation, PRO/GO synergy [Jane, Emily]
- (Judy, others) Need to sort out boundaries between GO, PRO, IntAct.
- Rama: Should curators keep on requested GO Complexes terms? Judy, yes, we need to do this for now.
- Judy: people (GO developers and GO curators) need to keep doing what they are doing
- Chris: We should have a document describing the respective roles of each group.
- Discussion will take place on the protein-complex mailing list.