Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Curators funded by grant will annotate for 'GO_Central' group without having to go through approvals from normal authoritative sources
- Implemented in PAINT/Protein2GO
- GO_Central annotations exported from protein2go on a weekly basis - is this feasible Tony?
- Filter out from MOD annotations
- Karen: Why filter?
- Suzi: applies to any situation when curator puts on GO_Central hat?
- Judy: scenario: when Pascale puts in a mouse annotation into Protein2GO; MGI then imports and runs QC, takes care of redundancy.
- Judy: 2 aspects. 1 removing redundancy. 2 mechanism for challenging. Where is permissions boundary?
- Suzi: from perspective of GO
- Tony: didn't know of change from RefGenome to GO_Central
- Suzi: PAINT already uses GO_Central for attribution
- Paul: GO_Central not the same as RefGenome, treated as authoritative
- Kimberley: clarification on outside your MOD: when WB does protein2go curation of Worm proteins then source=WB
- Tony: can have two sources, switch when curating outside sphere
- Suzi: you switch hat when curating not for your MOD
- Kimberley: legacy stuff? E.g. INTACT
- Tony: can go back in and change later. Or I can do in batch (possibly)
- Kimberley: protein2go already has worm anns from Ruth's group attributed to BHF. Would this be changed to GO_Central?
- Suzi/Paul: Yes?
- Chris: Sure?
- Paul: Original thinking was for GO funded curators. Don't necessarily want to remove attribution without consulting groups. At this stage just think of as GO funded curators.
- Tony: in GPAD scope for more fine-grained attribution. Curator name in properties column. For GAF all we have is AssignedBy, which is at the annotation group level
- Tony: one final thing, current p2go curators or MOD curators who want to add GO_Central to their list of available sources, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to set this up
- Tony: I can generate weekly GO_Central annotations, no problem. Deposited on secondary ftp site. Coordinate with Chris on getting it into svn.
- Tony: Q about integrating PAINT anns. Pick up from PAINT files in pre-sub paint directory. EXCEPT for MGI, TAIR and ZFIN, we pick from these MODs.
- Paul: PAINT repo is the definitive source
- Tony: good, makes it easier
- Tony: will GO_Central anns ever filter back into PAINT files
- All/Karen: no. Will not be duplicated
- Tony: problem same attributions from different sources. Non-PAINT GO_Central don't want to pick up from external files
- Suzi: none of these experimental annotations go into PAINT GAF files. If experiment annotation is used in evidence, doesn't get re-exported
- Tony: seed ann never sees light of day in PAINT files?
- Suzi/Paul: Correct
- Tony: good.
- Tony: confirm what will appear in PAINT GAFs
- Suzi: GO_Central