OBO-Edit Working Group, Tuesday June 9th, 2009 9.30 a.m. PST
Conference call details:
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
Attendees: Amina, Midori, Jen, Harold, David O, Karen, Melissa H
Action items carried over
- OBO-Edit 2.1 release - Not ready yet
- UTF8 support - post 2.1 release
- Feature request (carried over from last week): A system for saving appropriate subsets of terms from one ontology for reasoning in another:
- See ticket: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2116798&group_id=36855&atid=418260. Details of how this could work require some discussion.
- Reminder: help prioritize tracker items
- A bug reported by Melissa was dicussed: gets wrong menu in tree editor popping up on a Windows machine. Amina: Java & Windows interaction. Does menu popup on it's own just by mousing over? Or something acts like a direct click when you are right-clicking. Does this effect all Java Apps? Amina will explore this further.
- Feature request: carry over from last week. David: the feature request to
make tool that allows you to update to grab terms from other ontologies while working on another. For example, for each term you are using, want all paths to the root for that term in the other ontology? (please edit this to make more sense hd)
- New request: Use web services to fetch bits of ontologies that you need from respective sites. Research using web services in OE.