OBO-Edit Working Group, Tuesday June 9th, 2009 9.30 a.m. PST
Conference call details:
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
Attendees: Amina, Midori, Jen, Harold, David O, Karen, Melissa H
Action items carried over
- OBO-Edit 2.1 release - Pending fixes
- UTF8 support - post 2.1 release
- Feature request (carried over from last week): A system for saving appropriate subsets of terms from one ontology for reasoning in another:
- See ticket: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2116798&group_id=36855&atid=418260. Details of how this could work require some discussion.
- Reminder: help prioritize tracker items
- Discussion of Michael's gaz ontology (kind of an OBO version of a world atlas): appeared that tree editor only showing transitive relationships. This is a default setting but can be changing using appropriate filters. Graphviz always shows links from term all the way up to root; may need to examine DOT file preferences.
- Amina: if see an message on OSX system "JavaAppLaunchError" in using OE2; could mean java updates required
- Melissa - OE buggy on windows - unintended OTE right click menu starting to be a problem
- A bug reported by Melissa was dicussed: gets wrong menu in tree editor popping up on a Windows machine. Amina: Java & Windows interaction. Does menu popup on it's own just by mousing over? Or something acts like a direct click when you are right-clicking. Does this effect all Java Apps? Amina will explore this further.
- Feature request: carry over from last week. David: the feature request to
make tool that allows you to update to grab terms from other ontologies while working on another. For example, for each term you are using, want all paths to the root for that term in the other ontology? Or if using working on one ontology that has external XPs to other ontologies, be able to choose ID prefix of those ontologies (eg, GO or Chebi,etc. ) and find and bring back every term in those external ontologies that ares used in a relationship in an XP in your current ontology. (please edit this to make more sense hd)
- A more global question since XML is used for filters: How stable is XML spec to specify filters. Should we worry?
- New request: Use web services to fetch bits of ontologies that you need from respective sites. Research using web services in OE.
- Request to research using web services in OE