Ontology meeting 2012-09-12
New call times
Possibly Thursdays at 8.30am/11.30am/4.30pm for 45 min?
- Yes, as of next week.
- ACTION: Paola to change the GO calendar to reflect next time.
Project Management in JIRA
I've added most of our work into JIRA, and divided into notional monthly 'releases':
Let's have a look through the Sept release and see what we think. I propose that on the first Wed meeting of every month we look through our open issues and decide what we can get done that month.
- September's issues look do-able. We'll revisit at the start of Oct.
Chris has proposed a new relation - regulates_number_of (or similar) - which is defined by the property chain:
EquivalentTo homeostasis and regulates some (size and inheres_in some (population and composed_primarily_of some <X>))
for X homeostasis defs. Go ahead with those?
- ACTION: Chris to do an OBOL parse for chemical homeostasis and use a property chain that uses 'concentration of' or 'levels of' rather than population of.
Where are we on this - ready to go in?
- ACTION:Becky to check xps. Heiko to add template. Becky to send announcement.
FOLLOW-UP: EC numbers in GO - feasibility study
Carried over from a previous meeting: see Action Items and background here:
- Nothing to report yet
FOLLOW-UP: ChEBI paper
- Chris has finished his bit. Heiko to do final bit of methods, then hand to David to do some final fixes.
FOLLOW-UP: EXISTS_NOT_ENTAILED GO-ChEBI xps
- ACTION: Tanya to create new GO-ChEBI xps spreadsheet
Announce new TG templates
reiterate old ones and highlight new:
response to (a chemical compound) (chemical compound) transmembrane transporter activity cell component part of other cell component any other new ones?
Last announcement: June 25, 2012 with these
regulation of biological process regulation of molecular function binding (to a chemical compound) transport (of a chemical compound) process involved in another process metabolism/catabolism/biosynthesis of a chemical compound process occurring in a part of a cell process regulated by another (regulating) process