Ontology meeting 2021-12-06
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Group members: Pascale, Karen, Harold, Raymond, Peter, Jim, Tanya, Kimberly, David, Chris, Paul
Decision on ChEBI update?
- Action Item Harold
- Create new top level CHEBI ticket to ask why these 3 compounds (succinate, fumarate, tyrosine) are now being classified as lipids - but the 'functional chain' of lipid is very, very short in these case, this is counter-inituitive; can you explain why this is the case?
- Would like clarification on what is a structural derivative
See https://github.com/ebi-chebi/ChEBI/issues/4176#issuecomment-984226590 for response thus far
- We think removing the relationship to a lipid for fumaric acid by ChEBI will fix the tyrosine issue (
tyrosine catabolic process to fumarate SubClassOf lipid biosynthetic process).
- Succinate is still an issue
- Rerun the imports, excluding the relation 'structural derivative of'
- Note from Harold: Chebi has informed me that fumaric acid, succinic acid, and malonic acid have had the lipid links removed; this will appear in the Jan 1 release of CHEBI.
Implemented in ontology
Problem with relations used in logical definition https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/22488