RefGenProgress 2008-06-18 (Archived)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Monthly conference call: June 10th, 2008
- See RefGenome10Jun08_Phone_Conference RefGenome10Jun08_Phone_Conference for complete minutes
Highlights of the June 10th conference call
- Software group is making progress on integrating the ref genome annotations into AmiGO
- Paul Thomas has started the Panther analysis on the ref genome gene product sets
- Now using Kara's PPOD sets as source of curation targets
- Annotation QC: discussed GRIN1; long discussion about annotating to x protein binding (F) and complex (C) when those two annotations are redundant (here: glutamate receptor binding & glutamate receptor complex). We agreed that, as a general rule, this practice is incorrect; however it is possible that depending on the data available this will happen.
- Another issue was concerning the difficulty to annotate to a process versus regulation of that process.